X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahson8
    replied
    Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post

I think he is a good player, maybe not his stats but he has great potential if you watch him bowl.

Even if you think he is not very good, he should still perform decently in domestic cricket if he is playing in the national team. (Not get dropped by domestic sides after a year or 2 and then dissappear in the entire save).
    Whilst stats are a good indicator of skill level, they might not fully determine a players attributes/potential
    While your last point is fair, I dont think Musa is anywhere near ready for international cricket yet and I dont blame the AI for underrating him because of his stats.

Leave a comment:

• Cricstarz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ahson8 View Post

Musa is overrated by the Pakistan management anyway. His stats are terrible.
    I think he is a good player, maybe not his stats but he has great potential if you watch him bowl.

Even if you think he is not very good, he should still perform decently in domestic cricket if he is playing in the national team. (Not get dropped by domestic sides after a year or 2 and then dissappear in the entire save).
    Whilst stats are a good indicator of skill level, they might not fully determine a players attributes/potential

Leave a comment:

• Ahson8
    replied
    Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post
    Musa Khan is extremely under rated in this game. He doesn't perform even domestically to the point he gets dropped.

Musa Khan is an extremely promising fast bowler who is already in the Pakistan test squad and in strong contention for the limited overs squad.

Could you please review his skill level? He has hit speeds of 150kph in the past and is definitely a lot more skilled than the game would suggest.

In the game all of his 2nd team bowling averages are above 50.Whilst 2nd team cricket isnt much to go on those stats are a huge concern for someone who has nearly made his spot in the international team - he shoudl atleast be one of the top domestic performers.

Musa is overrated by the Pakistan management anyway. His stats are terrible.

Leave a comment:

• Cricstarz
    replied
    Musa Khan is extremely under rated in this game. He doesn't perform even domestically to the point he gets dropped.

Musa Khan is an extremely promising fast bowler who is already in the Pakistan test squad and in strong contention for the limited overs squad.

Could you please review his skill level? He has hit speeds of 150kph in the past and is definitely a lot more skilled than the game would suggest.

In the game all of his 2nd team bowling averages are above 50.Whilst 2nd team cricket isnt much to go on those stats are a huge concern for someone who has nearly made his spot in the international team - he shoudl atleast be one of the top domestic performers.

Musa Khan's in-game ability is fine, I did improve him in an earlier database, so if you're using an old save he'll have his old ability.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-07-2020, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SK71
    replied
    Originally posted by SK71 View Post

?? Talking about playing XI of Bangladesh , AI is making some unrealistic choices like picking Nasir Hossain in the squad , Nasir last played in national team about 4 years ago and it is highly unlikely for him to make a comeback any time soon.

AI also seem to pick Anamul Haque for backup wicket-keeping option which is also unlikely to happen because after Mushfiq and Liton , it's Mithun who gets selected as back up keeper and with Mushfiq ageing BCB has special plan for U-19 captain Akbar Ali . So no chance for Anamul in real life unless there's a big injury crisis.

Another mistake by AI is selecting Soumya as opener or top order batsman in test team . While Tamim is auto-choice , Shadman Islam is the first choice as Tamim's partner and Saif Hassan is his back-up and with the kind of start Tanzid Hasan had at domestic level , he might also enter the race pretty soon. So the only way Soumya can play in test side is as a middle order batsman .

Another talking point is Mashrafe, while he isn't officially retired from the game , he is unlikely to play for national side ever again . His condition is kind of like Dhoni's condition in India , unless Mashrafe does something extra ordinary in domestic level , he won't play in national side .

It's tough to give a concrete squad when we are talking about Bangladesh because selectors are somewhat inconsistent and restless with their selection. What I can give is a pool of players who are in and will be in contention for national team :

( Players labeled "*" should be in first XI for first few matches. Selected 12 players per format because of Shakib's ban )

# Test Team :
    Opener : *Tamim Iqbal, *Shadman Islam, Saif Hassan, Tanzid Hasan (maybe in second season or at the end of season one).
    Top order(No.3/4) : *Mominul Haque, *Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Yasir Ali, Mahmudul Hasan Joy (maybe in second season)
    Middle order(No.5/6/7) : *Mushfiqur Rahim, *Shakib Al Hasan, *Mosaddek Hossain, Soumya Sarkar, *Liton Das (WK), (U-19 captain Akbar Ali might get selected if Liton Das fails as Wk)
    *Mahmudullah was dropped from recent test and he is not in head coach Domingo's future plan, he is unlikely to play another test under Domingo.
    Bowler(8-11) : *Mehedi Hasan Miraz, *Nayeem Hasan, Taijul Islam, Khaled Ahmed, *Ebadat Hossain, *Abu Jayed Rahi, Al-Amin Hossain (Shoriful Islam might get debut match soon with Tanzim Hasan Sakib , Yeasin Arafat in line)
    *Mustafizur Rahman is currently out of test team because of fitness concern and poor form in red-ball cricket .

# ODI cricket :
    Opener : *Tamim Iqbal, *Liton Das, Md Naim .
    Top Order(No.3/4) : *Shakib Al Hasan, *Mushfiqur Rahim, *Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Soumya Sarkar .
    Middle Order(5/6/7) : *Mahmudullah Riyad, *Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain, *Md Saifuddin (Akbar Ali and Towhid Hridoy might get their debut match soon)
    Bowler(8-11) : *Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Nayeem Hasan, Taijul Islam, *Rubel Hossain, *Mustafizur Rahman, *Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam (Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Rakibul Hasan(SLA) and Yeasin Arafat should be in contention after first season)
    *I have also seen AI selecting Mominul Haque in ODIs quite a lot which is highly unlikely to happen .

# T20 team :
    Opener : *Tamim Iqbal, *Liton Das, Md Naim, Tanzid Hasan.
    Top Order (3/4) : *Shakib Al Hasan, *Mushfiqur Rahim, *Soumya Sarkar, Towhid Hridoy .
    Middle Order (5/6/7) : *Mahmudullah Riyad, *Afif Hossain, *Md Saifuddin, Yasir Ali and Akbar Ali .
    Bowler(8-11) : *Mehedi Hasan (Not Miraz), *Aminul Islam , *Mustafizur Rahman, *Shafiul Islam , Hasan Mahmud, Mehedi Hasan(LFM) (Minhajul Abedin Afridi, Yeasin Arafat, Shoriful Islam could also get a decent amount of matches).

Now, there is unlikely that any player outside of this pool will get National call-up unless something extraordinary happens.
    With Tamim-Mushfiq-Shakib-Mahmudullah-Rubel ageing and Mashrafe technically retired, batsmen like Tanzid Hasan, Akbar Ali, Towhid Hridoy, Yasir Ali and Mahmudul Hasan, Afif Hossain ; bowlers like Shoriful Islam, Hasan Mahmud, Yeasin Arafat, Rakibul Hasan, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury will get a decent amount of chances as BCB wants to build a team that can fight for WC23 in India.

I hope selection of AI for Bangladesh can be close to perfect now. Thanks for listening to our feedbacks
    Last edited by SK71; 07-07-2020, 12:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SK71
    replied
    Originally posted by SK71 View Post

And what about Rishad Hossain ?? He might not be as good as Minhajul Abedin Afridi but he is just 17 years of age and with the incredible support he is getting from BCB, he could improve a lot too, atleast good enough to be a regular performer in domestic FC and List A but in CC20 he can't improve at all.
    Talking about leggy, I was really impressed with India’s Ravi Bishnoi, I don’t know how he is in the game but he should be very good, he almost won U19 world cup for India until the resistance by Akbar Ali and Parvez Hossain(In the last version of the game Parvez had no domestic team so don't know how he is in the game, with his ability he should be atleast a regular performer in domestic circuit even if he fails to reach international cricket ) .
    ??????Shahin Alam(RFM) on the otherhand didn’t play much youth ODI but took 18 youth test wickets with average of just 15 (I don't know how he is in the game as he had no team in last version)

Sorry for bothering you again, thanks for adding Minhazur Rahman btw.

# I said in my previous post that I couldn’t figure out how Parvez and Shahin perform in the game because they had no club . After updating to the latest version of the game, I checked their performance for 20+ matches in Dom FC and List A matches. So Batsman Parvez Hossain averaged just around 15 in FC and 18 in List A matches with the bat and bowler Shahin Alam averaged 60+ with the bowl in Dom FC (that's quite unreal because Shahin was known for his bowling in longer version during age level and has a great U-19 test record) . Both of their stats doesn’t reflect their real life abilities. They should atleast perform as a regular player in domestic, even if they fail to make it to international cricket . Their abilities need to be pushed quite a bit.

Have improved Parvez and Shahin.

# Mahmudul Hasan(batsman) was also averaging just around 25 in dom FC and List A matches which was another big surprise to me as he was Bangladesh's highest run getter in recently finished successful U-19 WC campaign and highly rated by BCB . He is extremely under-rated and lacks potential in the game.

I've slightly improved Mahmudul

# Shahadat Hossain(all-rounder) seems to be playing really bad as well with averaging close to just 15 with bat in dom FC . I am not asking to make him the best batsman but as an exciting young talent, he should alteast have some sort of potential to succeed in domestic cricket , I mean no batsman generally have those stats after playing 20+ FC games, he has much more potential than that.

Have improved.

# Shamim Hossain(all-rounder) is a decent bowler, maybe not a great wicket taker but he is very economical. But in the game he averages around 50-60 with bowl and has very high economy too . While his batting average looks realistic(25±) in the game, his bowling skill needs a boost.

Have improved.

# Another player I must talk about is Avishek Das. He was averaging 50+ with the bowl in both Dom FC and List A , as a promising bowling all-rounder he should do far better than this ( He has also got a really good start in his List A Career as he took 3 for 44 on debut )

Have improved

# Tanzid Hasan was one of my best batsmen in my last few saves (previous versions of CC20) but after the recent update, he is playing really bad . Even after training him to push his form further or trying to coach him, he was still continuing to deliver below par performances in both BPL and Dom FC-List A matches .
    ( his average was in 20s in Domestic cricket while in previous versions he was averaging almost 50 in both Dom FC and List A and also became a regular in national team ). His batting average in domestic cricket should be around 40-45 and it was until the recent update. What has gone wrong with him so suddenly that his average dropped from 50 to 20? He deserves to have better batting abilities in the game (I examined him in few different saves to make sure that it wasn’t just one save where he was playing bad ).

I'd made some changes based on other feedback, but I've now reverted those changes, though my changes weren't as big as the stats you've stated here.

# Shoriful Islam was a great edition to Bangladesh team on CC18 , not that he is very bad in CC20, but going deep in the save it feels like he doesn’t develop like he should and can never be regular in national team. He should easily have the potential to be one of best young quicks in the game.
    Ruyel Miah in the game does much better than both Shoriful Islam and Mrittunjoy Chowdhury. While Ruyel deserves what he's got, likes of Shoriful Islam, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury & Tanzim Hasan Sakib should be better than him in game because in real life, Ruyel couldn't play U-19 world cup because the other three were better than him .

No issues with Shoriful's in game ability.

# Same case with Rakibul Hasan and Hasan Murad. Hasan Murad has very good domestic record and has played more matches than Rakibul Hasan in domestic cricket but that wasn’t because Murad is better than Rakibul, it was because Murad could not get into U-19 squad because Rakibul was better than him(so he played domestic cricket instead) . But in the game Murad is better than Rakibul. Like I said, Murad is good but Rakibul is much better talent than Murad in real life.

#Saif Hasan has v.defensive playing style in the game but his list A career suggests that he should have Defensive style. His OD SR is 76, last season it was below that. He'll stay v def.

#M Saifuddin is currently the best Bangladesh bowler in limited overs cricket. His bowling ability is better than the AI would suggest. I would say his bowling needs slight boost. His bowling stats of last few series speaks for him. Also he should bat at no.7 in limited overs cricket, in the game he bats at no.8

I'm not seeing any issues with his bowling ability. He has batted at 8 more than 7 and spent most of last season at 8 not 7.

# Talking about playing XI of Bangladesh , AI is making some unrealistic choices like picking Nasir Hossain in the squad , Nasir last played in national team about 4 years ago and it is highly unlikely for him to make a comeback any time soon.

2 years ago he last played, little surprising he's being picked, his abilities look fair, so I'm leaving as is.

AI also seem to pick Anamul Haque for backup wicket-keeping option which is also unlikely to happen because after Mushfiq and Liton , it's Mithun who gets selected as back up keeper and with Mushfiq ageing, BCB has special plan for U-19 captain Akbar Ali .
    So no chance for Anamul in real life unless there's a big injury crisis.

Another mistake by AI is selecting Soumya as opener or top order batsman in test team . While Tamim is auto-choice , Shadman Islam is the first choice as Tamim's partner and Saif Hassan is his back-up and with the kind of start Tanzid Hasan had at domestic level , he might also enter the race pretty soon. So the only way Soumya can play in test side is as a middle order batsman .

Made some tweaks to soumya.

Another talking point is Mashrafe, while he isn't officially retired from the game , he is unlikely to play for national side ever again . His condition is kind of like Dhoni's condition in India , so unless Mashrafe does something extra ordinary in domestic level , he won't play for national side anymore .
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-07-2020, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

I think Dent could be safely retired from t20s, I've also been told by a Gloucestershire fans that he thinks Cockbain is on a white ball only contract. No idea on t20 captain now Klinger has moved on unfortunately. Cockbain has captained previously or Payne could be a contender if you need someone to set it to.
    I've retired Dent from 20 Over.

As for Cockbain, this article last year says he still wants to play red-ball cricket, I can't find anything on him being on white ball only.

https://www.thelocalanswer.co.uk/new....aspx?area=all

Leave a comment:

• Lynx54321
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

I've changed the bowler types, should Dent be retired from 20 Over? He's not played since 2016. Do we know who will replace Klinger as Gloucs 20over captain?
    I think Dent could be safely retired from t20s, I've also been told by a Gloucestershire fans that he thinks Cockbain is on a white ball only contract. No idea on t20 captain now Klinger has moved on unfortunately. Cockbain has captained previously or Payne could be a contender if you need someone to set it to.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post

Thoughts on these Nigel?
    I've changed the bowler types, should Dent be retired from 20 Over? He's not played since 2016. Do we know who will replace Klinger as Gloucs 20over captain?

Leave a comment:

• Cricstarz
    replied
    Yeah imad usually gets smashed in the game whereas he is very economical irl, definitely needs a boost. His t20i economy is below 6!

Leave a comment:

• Ahson8
    replied
    Sureshot , I'm sorry I've bugged you so many times, but I hope this is the last one

First of all, thanks for Mohammad Huraira However, he should be an opening batsman, not an offspin allrounder.

Fixed.

Regarding the team selections, it might be worth looking into some of these if possible:
    • Mohammad Nawaz was being picked into the LO squads by the AI ahead of Imad Wasim
    • Khurram Manzoor was being picked as the reserve test opener by the AI ahead of Imam ul Haq
    • Raza Hasan was the reserve test spinner in the AI squad ahead of Zafar Gohar
    • Ahmed Shehzad was still being picked in the ODI squad and in some cases in the XI at No 7.
    I think the AI needs to improve Imad's rating and perhaps decrease Shehzad's, Imad's not even making the LO squads whereas he should be a sure starter at No 7 in the LO sides.
    Thanks again for taking in all our inputs
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-01-2020, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Roberto_J
    replied
    Pretty sure Ruan de Swardt bowls right arm. From what I’ve read on him should maybe be RFM not RM too

Changed to RFM.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-01-2020, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Springbok 1970
    replied
    Hi Sureshot, thank-you for responding to my request for the South African players being included in the All Time Greats. I hope that they will be included at a later date. Whilst you are discussing with whoever, there inclusion, perhaps you might consider these players, who toured, but never played a test match. I have only looked at players from Australia, England, India & the West Indies, I should also add that I`ve only selected a few, who in my opinion, merit inclusion. Australia. 1) John Drennan 13/11/1932 Toured South Africa 1957/58 2) Ian William Quick 5/11/1933 Toured New Zealand 1959/60 3) Jack Potter 13/4/1938 Toured New Zealand 1959/60 4) Samuel Christy Trimble 16/8/1934 Toured West Indies 1964/65 & New Zealand 1969/70 5) Gordon Charles Becker 14/3/1936 Toured South Africa 1966/67 6) James Merrick Hubble 12/8/1942 Toured South Africa 1966/67 7) John Taylor Irvine 13/4/1944 Toured South Africa & India 1969/70 8) Wayne John Holdsworth 5/10/1968 Toured England 1993 England 1) John Victor Wilson 17/1/1921 Toured Australia 1954/55 2) Kenneth George Suttle 25/8/1928 Toured West Indies 1953/54 3) Brian Taylor 19/6/1932 Toured South Africa 1956/57 4) Peter James Sainsbury 13/6/1934 Toued Pakistan 1955/56 5) Keith Thomas Medlycott 12/5/1965 Toured West Indies 1989/90 India 1) S.N. Mohol 6/10/1938 Toured England 1967 2) D.D. Govindraj 2/1/1947 Toured West Indies 1969/70 & England 1970. West Indies 1) R.C. Brancker 19/11/1937 Toured England 1966. 2) R.A. Cohen 4/8/1942 Toured England 1966. 3) P.R. Roberts 15/12/1937 Toured England 1969 4) R.C. Collymore 10/6/1939 Toured India/Sri Lanka 1966/67 5) P.D. Blair 30/10/1943 Toured England 1969. 60 J.R. Lyon 4/3/1952 Toured India/Sri Lanka 1978/79 7) K.B. Trestrail 26/11/1927 Toured England 1950. 8) C.B. Williams 8/3/1926 Toured England 1950. I hope these few players will be considered favourably, I fully understand that you probably have a lot on your plate, but as an older player of Cricket Captain, I personally enjoy playing matches from other era`s, and these additions would enhance the game, especially for those who like to play matches from the 1950`s 60`s 70`s & 80`s.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    SK71 I've approved your post, we have fairly strong spam filters in place (due to some nasty spam getting through in previous years), especially when URLs are in the post, which combined with your new account meant it got auto-moderated.

Leave a comment:

• SK71
    replied
    Originally posted by Rafat23 View Post

Firstly, thanks for the changes and about Afif Hossain, you are actually right that he doesn’t ball enough to be classified as a genuine all-rounder, he is rather a part timer who is used as a partnership breaker by captains. The reason I asked to add him as an all-rounder was because AI is somewhat inconsistent at times with bowling part-timers like Afif but it’s okay I guess if he is just batsman .
    About Robiul Haque, I watched him in two different edition of BPL, he was absolutely clueless with his bowling. I didn’t really check his stats before your comment, his first class stats surprised me. I guess he is just someone who is just good for longer version cricket .
    By the way, I just noticed 'Ifran Hossain' has no BPL team in the game but he played for Comilla in BPL (he is RM in the game but he should be RFM) and 'Jubair Hossain' was with Chattogram in BPL.
    *Khaled Ahmed missed almost 1 year of cricket due to injury, before that he was with national team. I can't remember his stats in first season of my CC20 save, he wasn’t picked for National team by AI that I remember. Just recheck his profile please because he should be around national team. Also add him to Sylhet CC for domestic FC.
    *Another player who is really under-rated in the game is the leggy "Minhajul Abedin Afridi", he is a bowler with immense potential and considering Bangladesh has no world-class leggy in National team, Bangladesh selectors has special plan with "him, Aminul Islam and Rishad Hossain" but he is the one who impressed most with his intelligence and economical bowling, he might get national call-up soon, even before T20 WC as Bangladesh selectors want a genuine leggy for T20 WC but in the game he goes nowhere!!
    Valid Points, but Kinda disagree about Robiul Haque, I mean that's right that Robiul messed it up in the BPL but in his defense, he played just 6 T20s and he is just 20 years old, so might just improve with time. He has potential for sure, 51 List A wickets with average of just 20 says that.
    And what about Rishad Hossain ?? He might not be as good as Minhajul Abedin Afridi but he is just 17 years of age and with the incredible support he is getting from BCB, he could improve a lot too, atleast good enough to be a regular performer in domestic FC and List A but in CC20 he can't improve at all.
    Talking about leggy, I was really impressed with India’s Ravi Bishnoi, I don’t know how he is in the game but he should be very good, he almost won U19 world cup for India until the resistance by Akbar Ali and Parvez Hossain(In the last version of the game Parvez had no domestic team so don't know how he is in the game, with his ability he should be atleast a regular performer in domestic circuit even if he fails to reach international cricket ) .
    ??????Shahin Alam(RFM) on the otherhand didn’t play much youth ODI but took 18 youth test wickets with average of just 15 (I don't know how he is in the game as he had no team in last version)

Another youth player who is not in the game is Minhazur Rahman who took 16 wickets in just 2 youth test matches . He is available for Dhaka Metropolis for NCL.

I've added him, he was in CC19, but didn't play last year so was left out of the initial DB.

Basically my suggestion for the developers will be that they give minimum of potential to these young guys from different countries because without some superstar like Shubman Gill, Yashavi Jaiswal, Ollie Pope or Towhid Hridoy , most of these young players fade away few years deep in the game. I mean I still love the game but sometimes It's kind of frustrating to see newgen dominating players from real world.

(Posted it twice, didn’t get it why it was unapproved first time)
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-01-2020, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X