Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Sureshot, could you please amend the status of John Jameson, from Opener, to Opener/Wicket Keeper. I noticed that he was picked for England in the 1975 World Cup, as an Opener, and back up Wicket Keeper to Alan Knott. I don`t know what other players of CC think, but there seems to be a shortage of Wicket Keepers in the ATG`s, that`s why I keep looking for those who are recorded as Occasional W/K`s.

Added John Jameson as a PT Keeper.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Just had my 1st look at the Notts squad and only have a few points :-
      Chris Nash is back opening again in 4 day and Duckett is batting at 3, I'd probably have Duckett as a part time keeper.
      As I mentioned before the AI doesn't select our gloveman Moores, also Moores should be very aggressive.
      Joey Evison is an all rounder and bowls RFM, good prospect too!
      Mullaney doesn't open anymore, bats at 5
      Cheers Nige, Great job as always.

Changed Nash back to all-format opener. Evison now AR and RFM.

I think it's worth leaving Mullaney as an opener, he's opened a lot in his career (119 times he's opened, batted at 5 and 6 73 times combined) , and in 6 innings last year.
      I think Duckett is a bit better than PT keeper, I've made some tweaks and Moores should be getting picked in next patch.

Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 12:36 PM.
      Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
        Hi Sureshot, could you please amend the status of John Jameson, from Opener, to Opener/Wicket Keeper. I noticed that he was picked for England in the 1975 World Cup, as an Opener, and back up Wicket Keeper to Alan Knott. I don`t know what other players of CC think, but there seems to be a shortage of Wicket Keepers in the ATG`s, that`s why I keep looking for those who are recorded as Occasional W/K`s.
        Interesting, I've always felt like there were too many, but I haven't played much ATG on the recent games so many batsmen that were keepers in-game may have been amended.

Comment

• Hi Cardboardbox, what I have found is, if you want to play just one Test match, in any one era, a particular W/K will stick out as first choice. But if you want to play a 3 or 5 match series, I feel you struggle for choice. In most cases you can get 2 to choose from, personally, I`d like a wider selection.

Comment

• Bell-Drummond and Cox are opening for Kent in the Bob Willis Trophy, neither are listed as First Class openers in the game. Also Sean Dickson has moved to Durham.

Got the Dickson move and Cox and DBD are both openers in all formats now.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• I don't think Leicestershire's Paul Horton has played white-ball cricket for some time now: https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/...p_captain.html.

Thanks!

He did play OD last season, but not after that article and that pretty clear change from Leics. I'm going to retire him from OD/20 Over.
              Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Umar akmal ban is 1.5 years instead of 3years now

Updated
                Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Brooke Guest at Lancashire (just signed with Derbyshire) is English despite the fling with the Aussie under 19s.

Moved to Derbyshire (on loan now and then permanent) and now English.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Any chance that Nathan Gilchrist could be transferred to Kent as per https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/g...st-joins-kent/

He joined on loan yesterday but we have signed him on a "long term contract" from next season.

Moved to Kent.

On another note, Adam Rouse has retired with immediate effect https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53601830

Retired.

Might be worth making Jordan Cox an opener after his exploits this week https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO48903

Changed.

Also saw that Northants have signed Simon Kerrigan today https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53736857

Changed
                    Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Jack Taylor has been announced at Gloucestershire's t20 captain.

Colin Ackermann is also Leicestershire captain in all formats (seems to be Cosgrove in game).

Same with Goldeman at Derbyshire (Madsen in game).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                        Jack Taylor has been announced at Gloucestershire's t20 captain.

Colin Ackermann is also Leicestershire captain in all formats (seems to be Cosgrove in game).

Same with Goldeman at Derbyshire (Madsen in game).
                        Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a captain attribute in the game, the AI just picks the most experienced player (most games in whatever format)
                        Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a captain attribute in the game, the AI just picks the most experienced player (most games in whatever format)
                          Ah you might well be right and that would certainly make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bastie View Post
                            I feel Moeen Ali's batting is vastly underrated in T20. Never gets selected by England and if I play as England he never performs. In real life he's one of the best batsman in the team in T20 for England as the finisher and is a very fine IPL player as a number four or five batsman.
                            His ratings look fair to me, his recent England performances are really poor. 7 wickets in his last 18 ODIs. Not scored a 50 since Sept 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzyfizzle0 View Post
                              Pope is keeping for Surrey ahead of Foakes whilst both are on the pitch, which is rather unrealistic
                              Tricky one this, I can change Pope to a part-time keeper, is that fair? Probably is based on his England appearances so far.

Comment

• Hi Sureshot, could you please change the status of two S.A. ATG`s in the next update, whenever that is. David Dyer, from Opener, to Op/Bsm/WK. & Chris Wilkins, from Opener/ All rounder, to Op/Bsm/WK/AR. Many thanks.

This has been done.
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 10-12-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X