This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ahson8 View Post

While your last point is fair, I dont think Musa is anywhere near ready for international cricket yet and I dont blame the AI for underrating him because of his stats.
    Agree he probably isnt ready yet and dont blame the ai for under rating him.
    But that's why I'm raising the point. He should have potential to succeed at international level in the future in game. Even if he fails, he should atleast have a decent domestic career as he is already in the national team.

This isnt much of an issue,its just I'd like to see him have more potential.

Comment

• Quick Lancs change. Wouldn't call Bohannon an all-rounder, hardly bowled in the second half of last year since he moved to bat at 3. Should be a top order batsmen only

Changed
      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-07-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FineLegatron View Post
        Craig Meschede has had to retire due to injury. I'm not sure if he warrants being called a 'great', but it'll be nice to keep him in the database as a retired German player, as he's quite high profile and fun to include in games - I regularly pick him in a "European XI" including Di Venuto, Amjad Khan, Berg, Agathangelou, Pothas etc. We get tanked by anyone we play against, but it's fun taking them on imaginary tours similar to MCC ones in the real world.

Retired him and left him in the game, he has played international cricket, even if it's for a team we don't currently have playable in-game.

"Currently"?

Comment

• Hi to all the people concerned with the running of CC2020, its maintenance, and ongoing improvements etc. Every day I log onto this forum, and see there has been an upgrade/patch to the game, and we now have version 20.07. I then look to see if there have been any additions to the All time Greats, ie the addition of the players I put forward. Now I understand that the game is basically for todays players, and you want to get it as realistic as possible, but please tell me, will there be another update/patch including these players? A yes or no will suffice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
            Hi to all the people concerned with the running of CC2020, its maintenance, and ongoing improvements etc. Every day I log onto this forum, and see there has been an upgrade/patch to the game, and we now have version 20.07. I then look to see if there have been any additions to the All time Greats, ie the addition of the players I put forward. Now I understand that the game is basically for todays players, and you want to get it as realistic as possible, but please tell me, will there be another update/patch including these players? A yes or no will suffice.
            Sorry if it feels disrespect to you, but you are telling to add players who visited a particular country to play test and never did. Lol, what's the point in adding them and how can one measure their abilities and set them accordingly.

Comment

• Hi Dhruv, all the players I`ve put forward have had successful domestic careers, that is why they were selected to tour. If they didn`t actually play a test match is irrelevant. The idea for adding these players, is for you to pick them in a fantasy series, as you well know, South Africa didn`t play against the West Indies, Pakistan, India or Sri Lanka, until the 1990`s, when they were accepted back. I should also add, that if you look on Cricket Archive, R.M. Bentley, R.L.S. Armitage, L.J. Barnard, A.M. Ferreira, B.A. Matthews & T.R. Madsen, are all listed as representing South Africa. I would also like to point out, that a number of players were added previously, without ever playing Test Cricket, and before you actually included all players that have played international cricket in either Test, ODI, or T20, there were a number of players in the all time greats sprinkled among those listed. As a cricket fan, I don`t see any difference in me wanting to see additional players from yesteryear being included, than every day seeing someone posting that this player or another should be included because he has just stepped up from the under 19`s etc.

Comment

Hi to all the people concerned with the running of CC2020, its maintenance, and ongoing improvements etc. Every day I log onto this forum, and see there has been an upgrade/patch to the game, and we now have version 20.07. I then look to see if there have been any additions to the All time Greats, ie the addition of the players I put forward. Now I understand that the game is basically for todays players, and you want to get it as realistic as possible, but please tell me, will there be another update/patch including these players? A yes or no will suffice.
                Adding players to ATG isn't as simple as other changes, making changes to a bowler type can take seconds, getting stats for someone who played 40 years ago can take days to process and work through.

We've gone through your feedback on the first post with six players who had played in "ODIs" for a SA XI against an Aus, England or WIndies XI during the ban years, our plan is to add these to the game. We feel that these players match what we did previously with the RSA "Test" players from the banned years.

We won't be adding players who once played a tour match for someone like Northern Transvaal, or any domestic team in other countries in tour matches, against touring countries to the ATG database, because they don't fit against our initial creation of ATG was for players who had played international cricket.

People who have played International U-19 cricket last year, but have played last year or this year are *very* likely to play cricket this year. It's not like we're adding players who played U-19 cricket in the 80s but no other form of cricket. Some of these U-19 cricketers had played in 2018/19 for a domestic team, so existed in our DB from that year.

We appreciate your intent for creating fantasy series with players from x era, but we can't go adding loads of players from x era as the player database will get too big and more importantly, unmanageable.

Comment

• I agree with Sureshot Bloating the player database is silly for players who have played one-off FC matches. The game is for today's players, with an element of All-Time Greats to add some fun.

On another note, would it be possible to make opening batsmen play only up to No. 5 when selected. I've seen when the AI selects a team, sometimes opening batsmen such as Dan Lawrence, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, etc. tend to bat at No. 7. I don't see this ever happening. So maybe if the AI is tweaked such that opening batsmen don't bat lower than No. 5, it should be realistic. Your thoughts on this?

Comment

• Perhaps another string to the bow of those wanting an editor.

Comment

• Many thanks for your responses. I fully accept and appreciate that you have a criteria for the ATG`s. I understand your reasons not to include those who toured, but never played a test match, but what of those, who played for there respective countries XI, against touring teams? I should also add a thank-you in anticipation of those you are going to include.

Comment

• Scott Borthwick is now listed as a batsmen in this version of the game. He is normally listed as a spin bowler with batting ability.

He is in the Surrey Squad

Comment

• Interesting to see James Bracey opening for Team Buttler in this England warm up.

He finished the season there for Gloucestershire and I expected the top 3 in the first division to be Dent, Bracey, Pujara given Hammond's technical flaws.

Fair call, changed to opener.
                          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-07-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• I am not sure if anyone else had mentioned this but Asghar Afghan the Afghanistani player is listed in the game under his previous name Asghar Stanikzai.

He changed it in August 2018 https://sport360.com/article/cricket...-asghar-afghan

Comment

Many thanks for your responses. I fully accept and appreciate that you have a criteria for the ATG`s. I understand your reasons not to include those who toured, but never played a test match, but what of those, who played for there respective countries XI, against touring teams? I should also add a thank-you in anticipation of those you are going to include.
                              Unless it was an actual internaitonal match or a "replacement" international match like during the RSA ban years, I don't think we'll include them. But, if you can give an example or two of what you're thinking of I can give a more definite answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CricketFan View Post
                                Scott Borthwick is now listed as a batsmen in this version of the game. He is normally listed as a spin bowler with batting ability.

He is in the Surrey Squad
                                Definitely just a batsman now.

Comment

Working...
                                X