This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post
    Is the ai picking haris rauf? Maybe he could be an option instead of Abbas in limited overs? Wahab will probably only play t20s due to his age
    Yes, Rauf could be another option for LOs.

Hasnain, Rauf, Wahab, Fahim are all above Bhatti in the pecking order for LOs and Fahim over Bhatti in tests.

Comment

Ahson8 Our bans only apply to career modes. To find Huraira you will have to start a new save/use Custom Match.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        Ahson8 Our bans only apply to career modes. To find Huraira you will have to start a new save/use Custom Match.
        I did start a new game, he isnt there in either of career or series mode

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200628_164013.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	754.5 KB
ID:	70701
        Attached Files

Comment

Someone had mentioned some feedbacks about Bangladesh database. I played the game and found some more things :

*Hasan Mahmud : He was one of the emerging player in recent BPL and got national call-up against Pakistan and surely he will have his debut after cricket restart but he rarely performs in the game , he needs a boost surely . Have improved.
          *Sumon Khan (RM to RFM) : Bowls faster than a RM . Changed.
          *Mahidul Islam : He doesn’t open in any format, he bats at no.5 or 6 . Changed
          *Afif Hossain : He is not only a batsman but a very good off spinner so change him to all-rounder and he was a very good pinch hitter for Rajshahi in last BPL. So he should have aggressive batting style . Changed to aggressive based on FC SR as well as 20Over SR in recent times. He doesn't bowl enough to be an all-rounder, left as batsman.
          *Nazmul Hossain (born: 25/5/1998) : He doesn't bowl much anymore but he was a decent off-spinner in U19 cricket. So change his bowling style from RM to OS.
          He bats at No 3 in ODI and first class ; opens in T20 over cricket . Changed to OS and opener in 20Over only.
          *Abdul Halim (RM to RFM) : He has more pace than a RM . Changed
          *Yeasin Arafat (RM to RMF) : He was the winner of a nationwide pace bowling hunt in year 2016/17(at that time he could bowl around 85 mph). He was selected for National team last year, unfortunately couldn’t play for an injury, might get a call-up after he gets fit .
          In the game, he needs a bowling boost because his performance is really ordinary in the game .Changed to RMF, nothing wrong with his ability in CC2020, left as is.
          *Jaker Ali : He was used as a pinch hitter by Dhaka in last BPL and he showed some decent power hitting. So change his aggression from average aggression to aggressive style .Will leave as is based on combination of his SRs and a smaller sample size in 20 over than other match types.
          *Mohor Sheikh (RM to RFM) : he has more pace than a RM . Changed
          *Tanvir Islam (LM to SLA) : He is a spinner not medium pacer . He is one of the best domestic bowlers in the game which is more than his merit. Slight reduce in skill required. Changed to SLA and checked up on his ability.
          *Sabbir Hossain (average aggression to aggressive) : I don’t know if his stats suggest it but he is an aggressive opener .Early in his career so tough to work out, but his OD SR is in the aggressive range. Changed to agg.
          *Mehedi Hasan (Born :1/1/1997) : He was one of the best bowlers of last BPL, but he underperforms in the game. slight boost maybe? Agreed, have improved.
          *Robiul Haque : He is a pretty ordinary bowler but surprisingly he is a beast in the game, maybe reduce his ability little bit? Perhaps slightly flattering stats. Have nerfed a bit.
          *Mohammad Saifuddin : He now bats at no 7 in all formats after the world cup and he is a natural hitter of cricket ball. His career strike rate might not suggest it but at present he should have aggressive batting style or atleast average aggression not defensive .Have moved to average.
          And his top speed is around 87-88 mph so he should be RMF not RFM . Moved to RMF.
          *Mustafizur Rahman (LFM to LMF) : He is known for his slower deliveries but his top speed is around 88-90 mph . Changed to LMF.
          *Shahidul Islam (RM to RFM) : He is faster than a RM , he was one of the highest wicket taker in last BPL but rarely performs in the game. He needs slight boost I would say .Hmm, his ability looks okay to me. Changed to RFM.
          *Liton Das : He doesn’t open in First class anymore because he is the wicketkeeper for Bangladesh nowadays and bats at no.6 in test matches . Changed to opener in OD/20Over only.
          *Nahidul Islam : In the game he is a bowler but actually he is more batsman than bowler . Bowls quite a lot, changed to all-rounder.
          *Nurul Hasan : He doesn’t open in any format anymore and he doesn’t have very aggressive batting style, maybe aggressive style at best . Changed to middle order and aggressive.
          *Soumya Sarkar : He batted at no.5/6 in last few test matches and if he plays test cricket again, he won’t open , so change him from opener to middle order for test matches . Still opens in Dom FC and can open, have made some changes to reduce likelihood of AI picking him.
          *Salauddin Sakil (LM to LFM) : He is faster than a LM . Changed.
          *Mushfiqur Rahim (defensive to average aggression or aggressive) : He definitely doesn’t have defensive batting style and he nowadays bats at no.5 in test matches and doesn’t keep anymore . Changed to average aggression.
          *Mahmudullah : He has very good hitting qualities but at recent times he has been playing slower innings, so maybe he should have defensive playing style .I feel a drop to def is probably not warranted right now. LEft as average.
          *Shakib Al Hasan : He still bats at no.5 in the game, why? He should bat at No.3 in limited overs cricket .
          *Shahbaz Chouhan : He is SLA bowler not a LM . Changed
          *Al Amin (Born :5/10/1993) : He is an all-rounder not batsman . Fair call based on how much he bowls.

As for players U-19 (some of them are 20 now) :

** A problem that I faced in CC19 was these U19 players with no domestic divisional side at first season could never get domestic divisional contract regardless how good they play in BPL , so most of them can't play domestic first class matches . That's why I have mentioned which divisional team they are eligible for .

*Prantik Nawroz : He is not an opener in the game but he is actually an opener, he bowls medium pace not off-spin, so change him to RM. (He is eligible to play for Rangpur CC) .Changed to opener, RM and added to Rangpur CC.
          *Parvez Hossain : He is an opener in all format not a middle order batsman and in the game he has no domestic team but he was selected by Mohammedan in Dhaka Premier League 2020
          (also eligible to play for Chattogram CC) . Changed to opener and added to Chattogram CC.
          *Shahadat Hossain (Born: 8/2/2002) : He has very aggressive style in game but that's not right, he has defensive style of batting and he is not a LM but OS and a decent OS , should be an all-rounder in the game .Changed to OB, all-rounder and defensive style.
          *Avishek Das : Change him to RFM from RM. He bowls around 80mph and his batting style should be aggressive (he is eligible to play for Khulna CC). Changed to RFM, aggressive and added to Khulna CC.
          *Akbar Ali : He has strong pace bowling preference and strong backfoot preference in the game but irl he is equally good against both pace and spin , he has maybe slight backfoot preference not strong . He really underperforms in the game, he should be among one of the best youngstars in the game but surprisingly he doesn’t average more than 25 in domestic cricket . Cricinfo has included him into one of the 20 players who can dominate in next 10 years ( https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/st...-for-the-2020s ). (He is also eligible to play for Rangpur CC) Moved to Rangpur CC and improved.
          *Mukidul Islam (RM to RMF) : Saw him in BPL, definitely one of the new findings of recent BPL, bowls around 85 mph consistently with top speed of 88 mph . Changed

SEE BELOW:

These are the main issues I can say for now.
          Now waiting for the android release eagerly, hopefully these issues will be fixed before android release .

Thanks ..
          Last edited by Sureshot; 06-29-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Rafat23 Thanks, going through your feedback now.

Had a text limit issue, copying to below.

*Tanzid Hasan : He was born on December 1 in year 2000 not 1999 (according to cricinfo and Wikipedia). He is not a LM but an OS.
            He was one of those few players to have more than average of 30 and also strike rate of 100 in U19 ODIs (in 2019 he had an average of 35 and strike rate of 102 in U19 cricket)
            So change his aggression to very aggressive style . Changed to v agg, also had a SR of 87 in U19 Tests. Updated DOB to 2000.
            *Towhid Hridoy : He was born on December 4 of year 2000 not on 1998 (cricinfo) and he bats at no.4 in all format (he plays for Rajshahi CC in first class matches) Updated DOB and changed to Rajshahi CC.
            *Shamim Hossain : He is not a batsman but a genuine all-rounder who completes his bowling quota most of the time, he is basically an economic bowler and he bats at no.07 in all format .
            He played the role of finisher for U19, so he should have aggressive style or atleast average aggression as batting style not very defensive style. (He plays for Chattogram CC in National Cricket League) Moved to Chattogram CC, changed to all-rounder and def style. His U-19 ODI SR was only 77.
            *Mahmudul Hasan (born:13/11/2000) : He is not an opener but a classic no.3 batsman . He has 4 U19 hundreds at no.3 in around 30 innings (two of those hundreds were in NZ) and averages around 48 in U19 ODIs ,
            but he rarely performs in the game, had an average of 18-20 in both first class and list A, that's really weird . He needs a boost surely .
            (He is also eligible to play for Chattogram CC) Moved to middle order and Chattogram CC. Improved ability.
            *Rakibul Hasan (Born :9/9/2002) : He was one of Bangladesh's best performer in last U19 world cup but he miraculously underperforms in the game, even some ordinary spinners of domestic circuit perform better than him. He should get a boost (He is also eligible for Barisal CC) Significantly improved and added to Barisal CC.
            *Shahin Alam : He has no team in the game, he is eligible to play for Rangpur CC . Moved.
            *Shoriful Islam : For some reason AI don’t make him bowl more than 4-5 overs in ODIs and test matches even if he does well and AI seem to pick part timers to bowl ahead of him, had the same problem with him in CC19 as well. (He Plays for Rajshahi CC in National Cricket League ) . Moved to Rajshahi CC.
            *Mrittunjoy Chowdhury : He should have aggressive batting style. Though bowling is his first priority, Mrittunjoy is an all-rounder and a decent batsman in lower order. He has no team in the game but he is eligible to play for Dhaka Metropolis .Changed to aggressive all-rounder and added to Dhaka Metropolis.
            *Tanzim Hasan Sakib (RM to RMF) : He is as fast as Shoriful if not faster so he should be RMF. He is someone who can bat very well in the tail but he is a bowler not all-rounder . He was selected by Abahani Limited for Dhaka Premier League 2020 (also eligble to play for Sylhet CC). Moved to Sylhet CC and changed to RMF bowler.
            **As for their potential, both Mrittunjoy and Sakib has the same potential as a bowler as their team mate Shoriful Islam. If we rank them based on their u19 bowling average and economy then it will be : Mrittunjoy > Shoriful > Sakib. But in the game they are nowhere near Shoriful Islam and performs really bad, even some low-class domestic bowlers like Robiul Haque or Salauddin Sakil performs better than these two . Mrittunjoy and Sakib should get some boost surely . Improvived Sakib and Mrittunjoy and nerfed Sakil and Robiul.
            Same thing happens with the batsmen as well. Only Towhid Hridoy and Tanzid Hasan plays according to their merit and does well enough to play international cricket but in real life Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudul Hasan, Tanzid Hasan and Akbar Ali has been showing more or less same sparks , especially Tanzid and Akbar are very close to national call-up and with Shakib banned and Mahmudullah struggling with his form, any one of these four batsman could get national call-up if there was no COVID-19 situation . I've improved Tanzid and Akbar.

** Another issue that I noticed was Bangladesh having international series during BPL which will never be the case in real life(happened in CC18 and CC19 as well) , so for obvious reason Bangladesh international players miss the chance to play the only domestic T20 tournament they can play .

We follow how these teams fixtures are set in the FTP.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 06-29-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Sureshot thanks. I have mentioned U19 players potential because it is really frustrating to see these talented young players fading away few years deep in the game because of some superstar regen, I would rather have these young guys in my squad than some regen.

I forgot to ask about 'Qazi Onik', he is not in CC20 but was in CC 18/19, he is currently banned for 1 year for failing dope test but he is just 21 and very talented, so should be in the game
              Read about Qazi Onik cricket player from Bangladesh profile, stats, rankings, records, videos, photos at ESPNcricinfo

Comment

A few changes:

Sheldon Cottrell's name is spelt incorrectly in the game (you have given him an extra "e" to makes Cotterell (https://www.espncricinfo.com/westind...er/495551.html)

Tim David is down as Australian in the game but should be from Singapore: https://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/cont...er/892749.html

James Baker's IT20 caps have all come playing for Samoa (https://www.espncricinfo.com/newzeal...er/388740.html) - not even sure Samoa is an optional country though in the game!

Cameron Gannon now represents USA: https://www.espncricinfo.com/usa/con...er/326635.html

Gareth Berg should be down as Italian: https://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/cont...yer/44394.html

Dane Piedt also seems set to represent USA but not sure how you should deal with this as Covid has affected this from happening so far: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...american-dream

Is there any way of searching all of the players from the Associate nations apart from filtering by T20/ODI caps and then clicking player by player?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rafat23 View Post
                  Sureshot thanks. I have mentioned U19 players potential because it is really frustrating to see these talented young players fading away few years deep in the game because of some superstar regen, I would rather have these young guys in my squad than some regen.

I forgot to ask about 'Qazi Onik', he is not in CC20 but was in CC 18/19, he is currently banned for 1 year for failing dope test but he is just 21 and very talented, so should be in the game
                  Read about Qazi Onik cricket player from Bangladesh profile, stats, rankings, records, videos, photos at ESPNcricinfo

https://www.bdcrictime.com/qazi-onik...dope-test/amp/
                  Added him and banned until 1st December this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KentLad View Post
                    A few changes:

Sheldon Cottrell's name is spelt incorrectly in the game (you have given him an extra "e" to makes Cotterell (https://www.espncricinfo.com/westind...er/495551.html)

Tim David is down as Australian in the game but should be from Singapore: https://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/cont...er/892749.html

James Baker's IT20 caps have all come playing for Samoa (https://www.espncricinfo.com/newzeal...er/388740.html) - not even sure Samoa is an optional country though in the game!

Cameron Gannon now represents USA: https://www.espncricinfo.com/usa/con...er/326635.html

Gareth Berg should be down as Italian: https://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/cont...yer/44394.html

Dane Piedt also seems set to represent USA but not sure how you should deal with this as Covid has affected this from happening so far: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...american-dream

Is there any way of searching all of the players from the Associate nations apart from filtering by T20/ODI caps and then clicking player by player?

Thanks
                    On nationalities:

Sureshot has much more knowledge on this than I do, but I believe the code is quite complicated to set up in order to make associate players qualify as locals, hence we decided after much discussion to keep Gannon and David as Australian for now, that way they can play domestically without taking up an overseas slot. The same is true for Baker. Berg has his nationality as Italian but it doesn’t appear on his profile as they aren’t a playable side, but will appear when you filter by country.

If you want to see each player’s nationality, you can search under “all players”, and filter “personal”, then click the “Country” tab to list in order of country.

Thanks for the feedback!
                    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-29-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Added him and banned until 1st December this year.
                      Firstly, thanks for the changes and about Afif Hossain, you are actually right that he doesn’t ball enough to be classified as a genuine all-rounder, he is rather a part timer who is used as a partnership breaker by captains. The reason I asked to add him as an all-rounder was because AI is somewhat inconsistent at times with bowling part-timers like Afif but it’s okay I guess if he is just batsman .
                      About Robiul Haque, I watched him in two different edition of BPL, he was absolutely clueless with his bowling. I didn’t really check his stats before your comment, his first class stats surprised me. I guess he is just someone who is just good for longer version cricket .
                      By the way, I just noticed 'Ifran Hossain' has no BPL team in the game but he played for Comilla in BPL (he is RM in the game but he should be RFM) and 'Jubair Hossain' was with Chattogram in BPL.

Added Ifran Hossain and Jubair Hossain to respective teams.

*Khaled Ahmed missed almost 1 year of cricket due to injury, before that he was with national team. I can't remember his stats in first season of my CC20 save, he wasn’t picked for National team by AI that I remember. Just recheck his profile please because he should be around national team. Also add him to Sylhet CC for domestic FC.

Moved team, his ability looks fine.

*Another player who is really under-rated in the game is the leggy "Minhajul Abedin Afridi", he is a bowler with immense potential and considering Bangladesh has no world-class leggy in National team, Bangladesh selectors has special plan with "him, Aminul Islam and Rishad Hossain" but he is the one who impressed most with his intelligence and economical bowling, he might get national call-up soon, even before T20 WC as Bangladesh selectors want a genuine leggy for T20 WC but in the game he goes nowhere!!

I've improved him.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-01-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

KentLad In addition to the post from Aussiespinnersfanpage
                        above.

Sheldon Cotterrell spells his name our method on his twitter page: https://twitter.com/salutecotterell?lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                          The AI still picks Chris Dent for t20s when he hasn't played one since 2016. It also called him up for the 100 which is again not realistic.
                          Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                          Dom Goodman should be RFM and Josh Shaw and Matt Taylor RMF and LMF respectively.
                          Thoughts on these Nigel?

Changed bowler types, replied in relation to Dent.
                          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-01-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Craig Meschede has had to retire due to injury. I'm not sure if he warrants being called a 'great', but it'll be nice to keep him in the database as a retired German player, as he's quite high profile and fun to include in games - I regularly pick him in a "European XI" including Di Venuto, Amjad Khan, Berg, Agathangelou, Pothas etc. We get tanked by anyone we play against, but it's fun taking them on imaginary tours similar to MCC ones in the real world.

Retired him and left him in the game, he has played international cricket, even if it's for a team we don't currently have playable in-game.
                            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-01-2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Sureshot has much more knowledge on this than I do, but I believe the code is quite complicated to set up in order to make associate players qualify as locals, hence we decided after much discussion to keep Gannon and David as Australian for now, that way they can play domestically without taking up an overseas slot. The same is true for Baker. Berg has his nationality as Italian but it doesn’t appear on his profile as they aren’t a playable side, but will appear when you filter by country.
                              Ok but someone like Dieter Klein shows up as German but they aren't playable either?

I've also just seen about Meschede - so that'll be one fewer German in the database to pick from. Michael Richardson should be down as German (https://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/cont...er/353899.html)

Ian Holland should also be American but I guess this might make it difficult to keep him as a local player in England. (https://www.espncricinfo.com/usa/con...er/334340.html)

Sheldon Cotterrell spells his name our method on his twitter page: https://twitter.com/salutecotterell?lang=en
                              Who knew??!! Weird then that he just goes along with having the wrong name on his back every time! Fair enough not to change though.

Comment

Tim Bresnan has signed for Warwickshire:
                                Warwickshire sign former Yorkshire and England all-rounder Tim Bresnan on an initial loan, followed by a two-year deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X