This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing 11 in Ipl

Again as my previous post players aren't selected on the basis of their form and performance.

Chennai
    -Faf avg 15 with the bat in 5 matches,and jadega avg 45 with ball, yet not benched.
    -Players like Curran, Tahir, H Singh, not even getting a match.
    - D Bravo getting very less matches to play.In a spinners pitch santner should play and in other bravo, that's how it should be and it will feel real

Bangalore
    -A Finch avg 10 yet playing
    -W sundar, M siraj, U yadav not getting a game. ( I am not telling that they should play every game, but the players should get selected acc to conditions and acc to their current form and abilities)
    -M Ali needs a buff in batting abilities.

Rajasthan
    -Batsman performing bad and are being persisted with
    Y jaiswal, J Buttler, S Samson, R utthapa ,then also Not given chance to
    A rawat, D miller, R tewatia ,A Tye.
    -J undakat didn't play a single game.thats a concern

Hyderabad
    -Even selection of players, but M Nabi,M marsh not selected acc to others form

Delhi
    -Ex-- Ashwin performing bad,bowl avg 53,
    A Carey and J Roy Also not performing ,yet not given chance to K Paul, A mishra,M stoinis, A rahane
    -P Shaw will def opens the batting

Punjab
    -K Nair to given a chance even if D hooda avgs 13 over 6 matches
    -C Gayle, C Jordan, H viljoen not playing

Mumbai
    -A Singh/ S tiwary it should be like that.
    -S Yadav bats at 3
    -Q de Kock avg 15, but Lynn still warming the bench. ( I am not telling Lynn>de Kock, but even after performing bad in few matches the next player should definitely play for 3 4 matches)

Kolkata
    -A Russel needs a good buff in his batting abilities. (he's the best when comes to finishing in t20s without a doubt)
    -L Ferguson not getting a game
    -S gill needs a little buff in batting

I have given my review after 3 career saves.
    Please have a look Sureshot.
    Thanks

Comment

• Based on 4 seasons with NZ

Devon Conway - needs a boost His ability looks fair to me, he's in the group of NZ batsmen below Williamson.
      Henry Nicholls - needs a boost As above.
      Glenn Phillips - needs a reduction Fair call, have reduced.

Kyle Jamieson - needs a reduction (world's best bowler in my save) Fair call, have reduced. I've also nerfed Hamish Bennett a bit as he was a bit too good.
      Matt Henry - needs a boost His ability looks fair to me.
      Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
        Based on 4 seasons with NZ

Kyle Jamieson - needs a reduction (world's best bowler in my save)
        I agree with you for Conway and nicholls, but Jamieson only needs only a slight reduction, he's good in real too

Comment

• Sureshot I feel some of the county budgets could do with a look. Several have very large squads bloated with youth players (which is good) but this seems to drive up the baseline budget which leaves you feeling a bit flush and makes building a squad a bit easy.

Perhaps first year pros should not count towards the budget meaning you have hard decisions to make at seasons end but the budget which seems static beyond prize money isn't bloated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post
            Maybe being able to ask players to come out of retirement might be a a cool feature?
            There’s a same sort of feature in FM where you can ask players to reconsider their retirement decision. I think it can be a great addition if added, that could be the way to stop unrealistic retirements

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafat23 View Post

There’s a same sort of feature in FM where you can ask players to reconsider their retirement decision. I think it can be a great addition if added, that could be the way to stop unrealistic retirements
              Agreed perhaps the retirement notification could give you two options with one being to accept and one asking them to reconsider, could then have something basic like a 10% chance for each year under 30 that they'll play on. So a 38 year old is 20% likely to play on but a 31 year old is 90% likely.

Comment

• Hi Sureshot, first, I would like to apologise for banging on about the S.A.ATG`s, but I have just discovered that P.D. Swart is in the game, but listed in the Zimbabwe ATG`s. Whilst I accept he was born in Rhodesia, he only played for them in 1965/66, most of his career spent with Western Province. Therefore, it is more likely that he would have been selected to play for S.A. like K.C. Bland & J.H. Du Preez, Both also born in Rhodesia. Could you please switch Peter Swart to the South Africa ATG`s. Many Thanks

Comment

• Pope is keeping for Surrey ahead of Foakes whilst both are on the pitch, which is rather unrealistic

Last edited by Sureshot; 08-20-2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Leicestershire:

Harry Dearden should be defensive based on white ball strike rates where he has scored at a run a ball comfortably and maybe needs a batting nudge. (Edit: A quickfire 30 odd with 3 massive sixes against Lancashire too!) Only opens in one day games and plays middle order in t20s, I know the game can't handle this but wonder if he should be middle order, suppose either way it's not going to be bang on.

Smaller sample size in white ball, his 20over SR isn't great. I feel V Def is accurate for now. His ability matches his record.

Tom Taylor should also be average aggression and is a touch underrated with bat and ball in my opinion. He's often been an opening bowler and shown good aggression in the one day cup when batting. Injury wrecked his season in 2019 after a great start that was leading to calls of a Lions tour place.

Small sample size in white ball again, not enough data to go up to average. HIs abilites in-game are fair.

Lewis Hill should be average, maybe a bit slow in first class but last season he was smashing it about in white ball cricket.

Fair call, he had a better 2019 season in terms of SRs.

Rhodes didn't open at all in white ball cricket last season and played in the middle order in the vitality blast so I feel should bo longer be a white ball opener. Leicestershire have a plethora of better opening options in white ball cricket too so doubt he will be opening again. He's another very defensive player who is tortoise esque in red ball but scores quickly in list a cricket, maybe defensive?

Changed to opener, his SRs are so low, can't justify any increase to his aggression. His 20 over SR is low, ListA is a bit better, but as a combination, he will stay as V Def.

I'm on the fence about Swindells and whether he should be defensive or ultra defensive, he hasn't played a huge amount of cricket which I think is skewing his strike rates but has mostly been used as a t20 opener, when he has got a start he's scored at a good rate and the fact they're using him that way suggests he's not ultra defensive to me. I know he was aggressive before so perhaps defensive is a good compromise.

His SR in 20 Over last season when opening was 109, that's V Def. As a comparison, Sibley, who has struggled to score quickly for England had an SR of 125 in 20over last season. Swindells will be V Def until his SRs go up.

Similar for Ben Mike and average or defensive, not a lot of first team cricket where he's scored slowly but scored quickly at second XI level. He's also a bowling all rounder so maybe needs a nudge with his bowling.

His SRs are low, if anything I should be moving him to V Def, but yes, agree he doesn't have a lot of data to go on. I'm not a fan of using 2nd XI for SRs, happy to use Int U-19 stats as a guide if available.

Will Davis should be RMF I feel also, he's not express but he's capable of sustained fast bowling.

Changed
                    Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Hi Sureshot, since finding P.D.Swart in the Zimbabwe ATG`s, I`ve been looking at the players more closely. Would you please change R.D.Brown`s status from Opener to Opener/Batsman/Wicket Keeper. Many thanks.

Changed PD Swart to South Africa and RD Brown to an opener-keeper.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 08-12-2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
                        Sureshot I feel some of the county budgets could do with a look. Several have very large squads bloated with youth players (which is good) but this seems to drive up the baseline budget which leaves you feeling a bit flush and makes building a squad a bit easy.

Perhaps first year pros should not count towards the budget meaning you have hard decisions to make at seasons end but the budget which seems static beyond prize money isn't bloated.
                        Sureshot Chris Child To expand upon this I'm a year into a Leicestershire save and I've just had a look through all the other county squads. The average squad size seems very, very high. Most counties seem to be between 25 and 30 with quite a few over 30 including Gloucestershire (traditionally one of the poorer counties!) with 37 players! Looking at the real life county squads it seems they're on average about half a dozen players too heavy.

It appears the AI is just signing reams of bang average or worse players to pad out their squads (most of whom are never used). So it looks like either the AI or the finances are too high. Seems quite telling that at the beginning of the game most of the uncontracted players are hoovered up into what should be set squads. Maybe all the counties budgets should be lowered so that they have very little spare cash at the start? Or perhaps all budgets for coaching and physio should default to 50k denying the AI 40k to use on their squad but leaving the option open to the player to spread the cash about.

Perhaps anyone in the starting uncontracted list who hasn't been capped at county level in the previous year should be culled also.

in addition the Hundred squad sizes are 20-22, in real life they're capped at 15 and the extra players are leading to a shambolic One Day Cup which goes beyond development level.
                        Last edited by Lynx54321; 07-27-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Could you please amend the status of these 3 players. G.Roope (England) From Bsm. to Bsm/WK. V.Rathour (India) from Bsm. to Bsm/WK & R.Kanhai (West Indies) from Wicket Keeper to Bsm/WK. Many Thanks.

Changed all 3 to Part-Time keepers.

Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Who is Jeff Wilde at Cardiff in the hundred? Seems to be a fake player starting the game there.

Also watching Somerset in their friendly against Gloucestershire Nathan Gilchrist looked very lively indeed, I expect to see much more of him in whatever this shortened season ends up looking like.
                            Last edited by Lynx54321; 07-28-2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• M.Rizwan is defensive batsman. He finds it hard to hit boundaries in death overs but scored a 45 ball ton for me in the game

His FC and LA SRs are average, he's struggled a bit more in 20 Overs, but I'm going to leave as average aggression for now.
                              Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Based on yesterday's ODI-

Curtis Campher should be RFM if not RMF instead of RM (he was bowling at up to 85mph/136kmh).
                                Craig Young should be RMF (he was bowling above 87mph/140kmh) and has gained significant pace since last year.

Changed both.
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 08-13-2020, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X