Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The online scoring system doesn't give you the points advertised.

I just played Challenege_Accepted, he's above me in the T20 table. It said I'd get 26 points if I won, but I just got 6. I noted down how many points I had beforehand as I'd noticed this.

It's really annoying that I beat one of the best players and got the same amount as I would for beating a weak team.

What's supposed to happen with the scoring?

Comment

• You are the batsman:

You're chasing 152 in a T20 online
      The score is 38-1.
      It's the 5th over of the innings.
      You have an experienced and talented batsman at the other end who's already into double figures from only a few balls.
      You've just hit Bumrah for two consecutive sixes.
      You're currently aiming for 6.6 runs per over.
      There's one ball left in Bumrah's over.
      You tap the ball to short point.

What do you do?

A: Remember that you've got 12 runs already this over and don't need to risk your wicket for a quick single?
      B: Charge down the wicket looking for quick single?

This should be considered a bug and is changing so many games for me. Why when aiming for 6.6 RPO and getting 12 already does the player take a single like this? Surely the batsmen should be considering the situation?
      Last edited by galvatron; 01-13-2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by galvatron View Post
        The online scoring system doesn't give you the points advertised.

I just played Challenege_Accepted, he's above me in the T20 table. It said I'd get 26 points if I won, but I just got 6. I noted down how many points I had beforehand as I'd noticed this.

It's really annoying that I beat one of the best players and got the same amount as I would for beating a weak team.

What's supposed to happen with the scoring?
        This happened again today.

Played Brar. I was on 6913 points. Said it would be 16 for a win 15 for a loss.

I won and I ended up on 6921 - which is 8 more. Brar said he was supposed to lose 15 but only lost 5.

What's going on with the points system? Sureshot

Comment

This happened again today.

Played Brar. I was on 6913 points. Said it would be 16 for a win 15 for a loss.

I won and I ended up on 6921 - which is 8 more. Brar said he was supposed to lose 15 but only lost 5.

What's going on with the points system? Sureshot
          We're investigating this.

Comment

You are the batsman:

You're chasing 152 in a T20 online
            The score is 38-1.
            It's the 5th over of the innings.
            You have an experienced and talented batsman at the other end who's already into double figures from only a few balls.
            You've just hit Bumrah for two consecutive sixes.
            You're currently aiming for 6.6 runs per over.
            There's one ball left in Bumrah's over.
            You tap the ball to short point.

What do you do?

A: Remember that you've got 12 runs already this over and don't need to risk your wicket for a quick single?
            B: Charge down the wicket looking for quick single?

This should be considered a bug and is changing so many games for me. Why when aiming for 6.6 RPO and getting 12 already does the player take a single like this? Surely the batsmen should be considering the situation?
            What aggression level was the batsman on for the last ball of the over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

What aggression level was the batsman on for the last ball of the over?
              He was on 6 bars which was aiming for 6.6 RPO for that batter.

I get crazy run outs if you're on full aggression.

But when you're aiming for 6.6 RPO, you're already on 12. Why do the players then charge down the track and get themselves run out? I'm playing tactics correctly but then getting punished. This happens far too often that I think it should be considered a bug.

Comment

• When playing a T20 World Cup, I cant view the standings as it reverts to the Test Championship table.
                ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

• Originally posted by Cam View Post
                  When playing a T20 World Cup, I cant view the standings as it reverts to the Test Championship table.
                  Have you got a save from this point? If so, can you send it to me in a PM. I *think* you're on PC:

C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2020\Saves

Comment

• Originally posted by Cam View Post
                    When playing a T20 World Cup, I cant view the standings as it reverts to the Test Championship table.
                    This has happened a lot with me as well, sometimes its the other way around though, as I sometimes see the T20 world cup table when I want to see the test championship. I don't have a save at either point though sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Lojoda View Post

This has happened a lot with me as well, sometimes its the other way around though, as I sometimes see the T20 world cup table when I want to see the test championship. I don't have a save at either point though sorry
                      It's weird, when I've tested it before it has always worked as it should. Which complicates the investigation somewhat!

Comment

We're investigating this.
                        Any progress on this? I lost today and should've lost 24 points but lost none! Dunno if the opposition gained any points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Top_Cat View Post
                          Another to add to the 'bug' file (assuming noone's already mentioned it).

I skippered a Test and my domestic T20 team had a game either on the last day of the Test or the day after. Either way, I finished the Test and noticed the Test caps who are in my local T20 team had runs and wickets immediately after the Test finished. So it looks as if the computer autoplayed my next domestic game with the players I was just using for the Test. Fairly sure this has been an issue for several versions, though.
                          Right so this is a proper bug. I'm seeing players picked for two teams at the same time now.

In the below, you can see the Australia vs Ireland Test on 6th of Oct 2027 and the next game for my FC team (South Australia) beginning on the 10th of October i.e. day 5 of the Test overlaps with day 1 of the Shield game. So, anyone playing the Test should be unavailable for the Shield games.

Yet, Yapp, Labuschagne, Head and Carey finish playing the Test and line up for SA and QLD.

Hard to see from the first screenshot but you can see the 2nd Test began on the 13th of October i.e. during the same Shield game. Yet, all of those players were available for selection for the 2nd Test whilst still playing the Shield game that they should not have been playing.

Playing for multiple teams at the same time is a decent way to boost your numbers eh. Have sent my save game to Sureshot so you can see the same players playing two different games (see the latest games on those dates in corey, s. aus & adelaide_COPY.cap in the Dropbox folder I sent).

Comment

• Just because the forum software won't let me edit the post again, checked the other Shield scorecards and yup, all the other Test players also played in the other Shield games for NSW, WA, etc. and also were available to be picked for the next Test during those games.

Comment

Any progress on this? I lost today and should've lost 24 points but lost none! Dunno if the opposition gained any points.
                              Any luck getting on the game or playing any? - the points seem to be one of the many issues of CC2020, but then if you can't play at all, that is a pretty shitty game, to begin with. Any luck with getting in?

Comment

Have you got a save from this point? If so, can you send it to me in a PM. I *think* you're on PC:

C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2020\Saves
                                Next time I get to one I will send it across
                                ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

Working...
                                X