Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are some coaches who will coach the dominant hand to be at the top of the bat rather than below. Hence effectively making a right handed person a left handed bat.

Comment

• Sureshot The demo is crashing anytime I press load game ever since I synced to Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahson8 View Post
        Sureshot The demo is crashing anytime I press load game ever since I synced to Dropbox
        Odd, I've just booted up the demo and had no issues in load game and I've got ~140 saves sync'd to my Dropbox account.

1) Untick dropbox in the game menu. Restart the game and then re-enable Dropbox. Then check Load Game.

If 1 doesn't work:

2) Untick dropbox in the game menu. Restart the game and then go in to load game, does it still crash?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Odd, I've just booted up the demo and had no issues in load game and I've got ~140 saves sync'd to my Dropbox account.

1) Untick dropbox in the game menu. Restart the game and then re-enable Dropbox. Then check Load Game.

If 1 doesn't work:

2) Untick dropbox in the game menu. Restart the game and then go in to load game, does it still crash?

I tried both of these, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the demo and linking to a 2nd Dropbox account but its still crashing for me. I think the issue may have arisen when I cancelled syncing files onto Dropbox modway and tried to delete my saves in the game.

It's not a big issue for me, I'll just wait for the Android release but thought I'd let you know.

Comment

• Okay, that's useful Ahson8

Was it the first time you sync'd that save to Dropbox that you had cancelled it? Be good for us to repeat it so we can fix it.

Next thing to do is go in to:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2020\Saves

Find cache.db and delete it.

Then try in load game again.

Comment

Okay, that's useful Ahson8

Was it the first time you sync'd that save to Dropbox that you had cancelled it? Be good for us to repeat it so we can fix it.

Next thing to do is go in to:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2020\Saves

Find cache.db and delete it.

Then try in load game again.
              Yes deleting the cache file seems to have done the trick. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by galvatron View Post
                There are definitely a higher percentage of left handers in cricket compared to the general population, the England team will most likely have: Burns, Stokes, Curran, Leach, Broad, Anderson... in the next test match all playing!
                galvatron and Lynx54321

If I have counted correctly, in the initial game database, roughly 27.4% of active players bat left-handed (almost triple the proportion in the general population).

Interestingly, I count only 17.7% of retired "all-time great" players batting left-handed. Perhaps Lynx54321's comment about left-handedness being encouraged these days could be one factor behind this increase in recent times.

I will need to run a savegame for many seasons before I can make any useful measurements with regens (which could take me a while - I've only played 1 match in CC 2020 so far, due to being busy).

Comment

• Just brought on IOS. The menu options near to the bottom of the screen are missing when you tap the boxes. For example on the player profile screen. When you tap left or right on the arrows it does show what you are looking at but not in the dropbox of options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon View Post
                    Just brought on IOS. The menu options near to the bottom of the screen are missing when you tap the boxes. For example on the player profile screen. When you tap left or right on the arrows it does show what you are looking at but not in the dropbox of options.
                    Weird, we had a bug like this in testing but fixed it on all our devices.

1) Can you take a screenshot on your device (press the power and home button at the same time) and attach it in here.
                    2) Can you confirm what device you are using? Please tell me the model number, this can normally be found on the back of the device.
                    3) What version of iOS are you running? This can be found in the settings menu of your device.

Comment

• Will the same grounds be used at international level? For example for New Zealand the first 3 venues used for test matches are Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch. Can you mix it up so, for example, Dunedin will host a test.

Comment

Weird, we had a bug like this in testing but fixed it on all our devices.

1) Can you take a screenshot on your device (press the power and home button at the same time) and attach it in here.
                        2) Can you confirm what device you are using? Please tell me the model number, this can normally be found on the back of the device.
                        3) What version of iOS are you running? This can be found in the settings menu of your device.
                        iOS 10.3.3 on IPad model number is A1458.

Comment

• Simon

Okay, thanks for the information. I suspect it's because that's an older version of iOS, but I know you can't update beyond 10.3.3, I'm checking with Charles on this issue.

Comment

Simon

Okay, thanks for the information. I suspect it's because that's an older version of iOS, but I know you can't update beyond 10.3.3, I'm checking with Charles on this issue.
                            If it's not fixable then it won't spoil the game. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon View Post
                              If it's not fixable then it won't spoil the game. Thanks for the reply.
                              Can you restart your device, hold down the power button until it turns off and then reboot. Then check for this issue again.

If the problem persists, does it happen on all these popup filters?

Additionally, is it a 100% of the time issue.

Comment

Can you restart your device, hold down the power button until it turns off and then reboot. Then check for this issue again.

If the problem persists, does it happen on all these popup filters?

Additionally, is it a 100% of the time issue.
                                Turned device off and on. It still does it.
                                It does it on all popup filters all of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X