Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure the AI should be selecting England Test squads like this? (first season)

Click image for larger version

Name:	england squad.PNG
Views:	550
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	71089

Comment

• Originally posted by MateGaming View Post
      Not sure the AI should be selecting England Test squads like this? (first season)

Click image for larger version

Name:	england squad.PNG
Views:	550
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	71089
      This is a long way from the AI squads I've seen in the first season. What test was it for and have you got a save from that season we can look at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

This is a long way from the AI squads I've seen in the first season. What test was it for and have you got a save from that season we can look at?
        This is the 2nd Test vs Pakistan I believe. Squad seemed odd for the first test as well, and first couple against West Indies. Will PM the save.

Comment

Looks like the 2022 season to me. Boy, England must've really performed miserably to have so many changes in the squad!

Comment

• Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

Looks like the 2022 season to me. Boy, England must've really performed miserably to have so many changes in the squad!
            No, it was the first season. We've fixed that bug ourside, so will be sorted in the next patch.

Comment

• Test Championship:
              Was just wondering why it’s impossible for Afghanistan, Ireland & Zimbabwe to qualify for the test championship. Afghanistan were comfortably in the top nine on the rankings yet when the new test championship season came around they weren’t involved. Kinda ruins the point of playing as any of those three teams.

Comment

• English One Day Cup groups reset to North/South in the second season? Not sure if this is intentional.

Comment

• Originally posted by MateGaming View Post
                  English One Day Cup groups reset to North/South in the second season? Not sure if this is intentional.
                  I've just played a save I had in 2020, went in to 2021 and still shows as A and B for me. Started a new save and it's Group A/B in 2021 as well.

Has your save gone through a season changeover since that patch was released? I'm not sure if the group names would change during an existing season from that update.

Comment

• Odd one but at the end of the first season George Hankins at Gloucestershire requests a salary of 16k which seems very odd given he's had a good season, I was expecting double that.

Comment

I've just played a save I had in 2020, went in to 2021 and still shows as A and B for me. Started a new save and it's Group A/B in 2021 as well.

Has your save gone through a season changeover since that patch was released? I'm not sure if the group names would change during an existing season from that update.
                      No, the group names have stayed the same. The teams in the group have reverted to being grouped in North and South as they have been in previous years. I know that this year was the first year that groups are no longer done on location, but I don't know if this is the case for future seasons, hence, if it wasn't, and the competition would revert back to being North and South, then this isn't a bug.

Not sure if anyone here knows what the plan is for future seasons in terms of the One Day Cup, and whether it will stay as random groups or go back to being grouped as North and South.

On a similar note, the groups for the T20 Blast also show as being called group A and B, whereas they should be North/South, but in my opinion this is very minor and hardly much cause for concern.

Comment

• MateGaming okay, understand what you mean now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon View Post
                          Will the same grounds be used at international level? For example for New Zealand the first 3 venues used for test matches are Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch. Can you mix it up so, for example, Dunedin will host a test.
                          Is there any feedback for this?

Comment

• Simon Not yet, I'm in discussion with Andy on it.

Comment

Simon Not yet, I'm in discussion with Andy on it.
                              No probs. Thanks.

Comment

• So I am playing 2023 worldcup on career mode and out of nowhere NZ select this young player to Williamson (who isn't even injured or outta form) and scores 194* on debut. This guy hadn't even scored a od century to justify his selection that too for worldcup.

There have been many cases like this in my save another example is Joe Root who avg 70 plus for the past 3 years in tests gets replaced on and off by some random younger player avging 45 in fc cricket. Grandhomme scoring unbeaten 200 in test and getting dropped. Kohli for many editions of Cricket Captain was a under-rated player but this edition he was as good as in real life but still gets replaced :/.

It seems very unfair and disheartening to me that the AI knows which player would perform better completely disregarding the statistics, while we humans select mostly based on form and statistics. Either the AI needs to select better or we need a way to see the skills and potential of a player which has been mentioned by a lot of cc players in the past.

Also is it not possible for AFG and IRE to qualify for test championships? I had this trouble in cc19

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 07-09-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X