cheating and abuses;Reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
    I like the idea of the online game consisting of only original teams, meaning that when you first click onto 'Internet Game' you will be prompted to select a county/state team, rather than a current saved game. It would also add an extra edge to the online game because it would be all about strategy, and after all this is a strategy game. Then the editing players whose sole reason for playing online is to try and bully everyone around would have nowhere to boost their egos.

This is, of course, assuming that edited teams cannot be kept off the online game, or limitations on ability are unable to be set.
    Nice suggestion and very much applicable.
    @Imager, yes NSW is no doubt the strongest team but still not undefeatable as an edited team would be. It would be a good challenge to beat NSW if someone likes to face big challenges.
    Last edited by habib; 08-23-2010, 02:44 PM.
    You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

I like the idea of the online game consisting of only original teams, meaning that when you first click onto 'Internet Game' you will be prompted to select a county/state team, rather than a current saved game. It would also add an extra edge to the online game because it would be all about strategy, and after all this is a strategy game. Then the editing players whose sole reason for playing online is to try and bully everyone around would have nowhere to boost their egos.

This is, of course, assuming that edited teams cannot be kept off the online game, or limitations on ability are unable to be set.
      You've grasped the use & purpose of my post/suggestion absolutely perfectly.

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
      I like that, but what about NSW? They would easily own pretty much any other initial team.
      Well, there can be a universal limit on the number of Internationally-capped players we can select & we get to choose who those are going to be OR
      that we get to list the number of Internationally-capped players we wouldn't mind having in our opponent's team, etc

I'm sure there can be other similar solutions to even out the differences between various teams in their original seasons, if it is something that is looked into in further detail.

Besides, just to put it in context, my "not-so-good" 2010 team has a better chance of competing against someone's "strong" 2010 team as opposed to my "strong" 2015 team against someone's "strong" 2030 team. So irrespective of the differences in sides in the first season, 1) online-play will definitely be more competitive for everyone & 2) we'll be seeing no more of these threads about cheating & that should definitely make online-play more fun for those already availing it & it'll also result in more players wanting to play online as it becomes more competitive & free of cheating.
      Last edited by enigma; 08-24-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

can people tell me wat the fun in editing players is because wouldn't u want to win fair and also the challenge of building a team up is good and fun and cheating would b boring

Comment

Originally posted by lancashire r the best View Post
          can people tell me wat the fun in editing players is because wouldn't u want to win fair and also the challenge of building a team up is good and fun and cheating would b boring
          You obviously couldn't be bothered reading what's been posted

Comment

To be fair they are just kids who want to feel as if they are important in this world, they are not even smart enough to grasp the simple concept of what makes an online game purposeful. They enjoy the hype of being the centre of attention, yet they are so narcissistic that they fail to realize that they are adored by none and despised by all. They are poor misguided souls who, if we happened to know personally, we would all take great pity upon.
            Last edited by bryce87; 08-25-2010, 06:11 AM. Reason: sp
            YouTube
            Facebook

Comment

To be fair they are just kids who want to feel as if they are important in this world, they are not even smart enough to grasp the simple concept of what makes an online game purposeful. They enjoy the hype of being the centre of attention, yet they are so narcissistic that they fail to realize that they are adored by none and despised by all. They are poor misguided souls who, if we happened to know personally, we would all take great pity upon.
              Well, not everyone who edits does it to cheat online, most of the people involved in solving the editing puzzle don't even play online & are completely against their work being used to cheat online by others & they only edit to make the game more realistic for offline-play but as with most things in this world, some people will always misuse things.

Perhaps, you guys should see how all the players have been rated in ICC 2010 original database & then give your honest opinion about how REALISTIC is the fact that some SA kid named Brett Pelser (ever even heard of him ) with 20 FC games is almost 200 points higher than Ponting & 300 points higher than Tendulkar & Kallis, further, people like Clinton McKay (Aus) & Nikita Miller (WI), Tumi Masekela (SA) (ever heard of him ) have the best bowling ratings.

Most people who're actually involved in editing do it to enhance the realism of the game; if you're curious enough then download the Excel file I've attached, compiled by Chewie & myself, containing more than 3000 players (almost all I think) with their respective batting & bowling ratings as per ICC 2010 original database & then please tell us WHY are we supposed to just live with such ridiculous, unrealistic ratings & NOT want to edit them & make the whole game more REALISTIC but we definitely DON'T support cheating online. Cheers.

P.S. For the batsmen, higher the rating, the better they'll perform within the game while for bowlers, the lower their rating, the better they'll perform within the game; you can sort those ratings in ascending/descending order to see who are the best rated bowlers/batsmen according to ICC 2010 original database.
              Attached Files

Comment

Why is Yardy so bad at bowling?

Comment

I guess because ICC ratings are largely based on FC statistics & Yardy has only 26 Wickets in 128 FC games @ 77.03 so........... Bear in mind that this particular bowling rating relates to wickets/average only & not the Economy Rate but Yardy's bowling rating would be the last thing I'd be disconcerted about after seeing that list as there're a ton of other glaring errors in how some of the players have been rated.

Comment

I understand how effective a use of an editor could be for an offline game, but is it possible to inculde an editor in the game officially. A tested editor that could only be used in offline game and in which no one could increase the player's ability to super player (May be a limit of 2000 batting and 400 bowling points).
                    It would also be better if ICC 2011 could be programmed in a way that it could not be edited using Hex Editor or Art Money. Those who want to edit players for a more realistic offline play could use the official game editor instead. I know that it would be a lot of hardwork for Chris and his team to programme the whole game in a different set up, but may be we can do it in steps. Partly in 2011 version and then totally in 2012 version depending on workload.
                    It is just a suggestion but a programmer will know actually how much difficult it would be and how much time will it take to implement those changes.
                    Last edited by Kevin Hedger; 08-25-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by enigma View Post
                      IYardy's bowling rating would be the last thing I'd be disconcerted about .
                      Not when you are a Sussex supporter and only play with them.

Comment

i dont play online games and never hv because my internet is down and i hv the game in CD mode i.e. i got it from shops and didn't download it could somebody please tell me how i get the editor please and trust me i hv no internet and i am currently writing this on my ps3 in case u were wondering. how i get the editor please, thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X