Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowlers form in T20

Hi

Over several seasons, during the T20, i have often found my bowlers form stars have dropped to nothing, I tend to use 5 bowlers, in a game, the top 3 bowlers, i give 2 overs to at a go, then bowlers 4 and 5, i bowl them through, so i guess u could say im quite regimented, in how I use my bowlers, how do I bowl em through a T20 campaign, and there form not dropping like a stone

Are you using your bowling practice for bowlers who's form drops? Also playing a player in the 2nds raises their form aswell.

Comment

I find that it's more their fitness that drops rapidly than their form...

Comment

Thanks

Yes, i think T20 overkill, dont help with fitness, like in real life

Comment

I think the reason is that in this game, the form/confidence is TOO HEAVILY dependent on wickets it seems & obviously your bowlers won't get lots of wickets in every T20 when they've only 4 overs to bowl & on the other hand, economical bowling isn't rewarded at all it seems so 4-0-20-0 will likely result in a decrease in form & 4-0-40-2 will see an increase which needs some rectification & economy rates also need to be taken into account while assessing form/confidence of bowlers, especially in limited overs games & may be to somewhat smaller extent extent in the longer formats.

One of my bowlers has been going for less than 6 RPO in the last few consecutive T20s but his form/confidence is being shown as ZERO serious flaw this.

ICC should definitely have a look at this issue & have an in-game system of flexible RPO "benchmarks" for RPOs for different formats of the game & bowling at an RPO less than the respective benchmark should result in an increase in form/confidence (coupled with wickets taken, importance of those wickets & total overs bowled) & an RPO higher than the respective benchmark should result in a decrease in form/confidence. Benchmarks can be like for example, for long-form games, an RPO of 3.5 or opposition team's run-rate whichever is HIGHER; an RPO of 5/4.5 for 40/50 overs games (respectively) & opposition team's run-rate whichever is LOWER; for T20s an RPO of 7.5 or opposition team's run-rate whichever is LOWER, etc.

One must realize that bowlers' form/confidence is not just limited to wickets taken but often, good economical spells with a few "near misses" with no wickets or less wickets can make a bowler feel just as good as taking a bucketful of wickets and then they carry forward this good feeling (form/confidence) stemmed from economical spells into next few games & actually end up taking a bucketful of wickets.
          Last edited by enigma; 08-06-2010, 04:48 AM.

Comment

I agree, i have a bowler who i've been using defensively in OD's and T20's, he regularly finishes od's with an economy of around 2-3 and finishes t20's with 4s but his form drops it's a pain in the ass. I also think how well a player did at the end of one season should influence the starting form next season. I had a player score 800+ runs at an huge average in the last 6 shield matches, he finished in full form after a great end to the season, next season he started with 0 stars and i had to build him back up.
            Last edited by outbreak; 08-06-2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by outbreak View Post
              I agree, i have a bowler who i've been using defensively in OD's and T20's, he regularly finishes od's with an economy of around 2-3 and finishes t20's with 4s but his form drops it's a pain in the ass. I also think how well a player did at the end of one season should influence the starting form next season. I had a player score 800+ runs at an huge average in the last 6 shield matches, he finished in full form after a great end to the season, next season he started with 0 stars and i had to build him back up.
              About a player carrying over his form into the next season, there'd be two arguments to this issue in terms of how things happen in real life. Firstly,yes, when an individual has done well in the previous season, I'm sure he retains that "good feeling" for the next season but on the other hand, it's completely plausible that he may start the next season very badly due to lack of practice, rustiness, etc (which is unlikely to happen if ICC retains form from the previous seasons) & of course, form is something short-term & temporary about how it feels to put bat on ball or have a bowling rhythm going on that makes you hit the right areas on the pitch with precision, & I don't really think one carries this into the next season so this is always going to be a tough issue to resolve as far as this game is concerned.

I do believe though that most people would agree regarding taking RPO into consideration for ascertaining form of bowlers, more so in limited overs games since while playing them, most users/gamers would be more concerned about runs given than wickets taken, wickets would be of a little more importance in FC & Tests since the only way to win a game there is by taking 20 wickets but RPO isn't totally irrelevant there though.

Comment

Originally posted by enigma View Post
                About a player carrying over his form into the next season, there'd be two arguments to this issue in terms of how things happen in real life. Firstly,yes, when an individual has done well in the previous season, I'm sure he retains that "good feeling" for the next season but on the other hand, it's completely plausible that he may start the next season very badly due to lack of practice, rustiness, etc (which is unlikely to happen if ICC retains form from the previous seasons) & of course, form is something short-term & temporary about how it feels to put bat on ball or have a bowling rhythm going on that makes you hit the right areas on the pitch with precision, & I don't really think one carries this into the next season so this is always going to be a tough issue to resolve as far as this game is concerned.

I do believe though that most people would agree regarding taking RPO into consideration for ascertaining form of bowlers, more so in limited overs games since while playing them, most users/gamers would be more concerned about runs given than wickets taken, wickets would be of a little more importance in FC & Tests since the only way to win a game there is by taking 20 wickets but RPO isn't totally irrelevant there though.
                Once again a great analysis and some great suggestions to make this game a bit more realistic.
                You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Working...
                X